Tuesday, September 25, 2007

PLN 5

I read te blog"Is Payment for Good Grades Legitimate Motivation in This Day and Age?" by Think:Lab. I personally think that it is. My parents give me money for good grades and it definatly modavates me to try harder in school. In addition to makeing my give tem money for bad rades such as D's or F's. In my mind perents arent bribing teir kids but rather teachign them a lesson like if you try hard in school you will get a better job and ultimatly get a better job and succcedde in life. Althought alot of parents say that reguardless if they pay their kids for graes or not it is true. But most kids have "instant gratifacation" which means if they did somethig good they want to be rewaeded for it instantly, not in a long time. So parents who pay their kids for good grades sove that instant gratifacation.

This matters to me bacause I personally understad how much it modivates me to do above and beyond in school. This relates to the world because I know alot of people who's parents give them anywere from $5 for an A to $20 for an A.

No comments: